Audit records to determine appropriate designation of diagnosis, procedure and revenue codes while maintaining compliance with coding guidelines and client guidelines.
- Perform validation audits by analyzing, evaluating and reviewing client medical records to ensure accuracy of code assignment.
- Complete worksheets, spreadsheets and/or database entry based on audit findings.
- Demonstrates proficiency in coding including ICD-10 and maintains 95% accuracy.
- Follow and adhere to AHIMA’s Standards of Ethical Coding, all applicable regulations and guidelines, and all client specific policies.
- Maintain productivity based on national standards and/or client specific standards.
- Other duties as assigned based on company needs and client projects.
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS – active and in good standing with AHIMA
- Minimum of 10 years of hospital-based, inpatient coding experience
- Minimum of 3 years of hospital-based, inpatient auditing experience