Code/audit physician records to determine appropriate designation of diagnosis, procedure and wRVUs while maintaining compliance with coding guidelines and client guidelines.
- Analyze, evaluate and review client medical records to ensure accuracy of code assignment.
- Prepare daily coding logs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in coding including both ICD-10 and CPT while maintaining a 95% accuracy.
- Follow and adhere to AHIMA’s Standards of Ethical Coding, all applicable regulations and guidelines, and all client specific policies.
- Maintain productivity based on national standards and/or client specific standards
- Other duties as assigned based on company needs and client projects.
- RHIT, CCS, or CCS-P – active and in good standing with AHIMA
- CPC – active and in good standing with AAPC
- Minimum of 5 years of physician coding/auditing/edit experience