Dive Into ICD-10 April 1 2023 CMS Coding Guidelines
The 2023 ICD-10 April Update course outlines the ICD-10-CM and PCS changes effective April 1st, 2023. Learners will discuss the new diagnosis and procedure codes, as well as applicable 2023 CMS coding guidelines, related to Social Determinants of Health codes, and other updates. The course identifies 42 new ICD-10-CM codes and 34 new ICD-10-PCS codes. The course summarizes the updates to MS-DRG Version 40.1.
The learning objectives offered within this course include:
- Describe the Details of the April 1st Update for ICD-10-CM/PCS and MS-DRGs
- Discuss the Addition of Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) Codes to the ICD-10-CM Code Set
- Identify the 42 New ICD-10-CM Codes Effective on April 1, 2023 and the Update to the SDOH Coding Guideline
- Discuss the 34 New ICD-10-PCS Codes Effective on April 1, 2023
- Review the ICD-10-PCS Updates to the Definitions
- Summarize the Updates to MS-DRG Version 40.1
YES Educators Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA, lead this course. This learning path provides 1 CEU certificate (1 AAPC CEU and towards 1 AHIMA CEU).
Find this course on the 2023 CMS coding guidelines from the April 1 update, 2023 ICD-10-CM / ICD-10-PCS codes, and more, on our YES Education Site. Review our full summary article of the April 1, 2023, updates.
Grow your expertise and skillset with YES HIM Education’s catalog of online courses. One HIM client coding educator says, “The coding academies and education that is offered by YES HIM Consulting is by far the best that I have seen in the industry! The educators are knowledgeable and make learning fun by adding real world experience examples and scenarios. I would highly recommend YES to anyone seeking to learn about the latest and greatest on new and updated coding information!!”