Code outpatient (SDS/Observation) records with appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnosis and CPT procedure codes while maintaining compliance with official coding guidelines and client guidelines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in SDS/Observation ICD-10-CM and CPT coding while maintaining at least a 95% accuracy.
- Analyze, evaluate, and review client medical record documentation to ensure accuracy of code assignment.
- Follow and adhere to AHIMA’s Standards of Ethical Coding, all applicable regulations and guidelines, and all client-specific policies.
- Maintain productivity based on national standards and/or client-specific standards.
- Prepare daily coding logs.
- Other duties as assigned based on company needs and client projects.
- RHIA/RHIT/CCS/COC credential(s) preferred (at least one HIM/Coding credential required)
- Minimum of 3 years of medium-to-larger hospital-based, Outpatient coding experience in SDS, and Observation cases
“YES-HIM Consulting, Inc. is a progressive health information management company that values their employees and demonstrates it by providing a “on the job” continuing education presented by top-notch HIM educators, a flexible and friendly work environment, and a great benefit package including paid vacation, holidays and sick time.”
Diana – RHIA, CCS, CDIP