Professional Fee Edits Specialist
The ProFee Edits Specialist will review front-end/rejection edits and/or code physician records to determine appropriate designation of diagnosis, procedure and wRVUs while maintaining compliance with coding guidelines and client guidelines.
- Analyze, evaluate and review client medical records to ensure accuracy of code assignment.
- Code professional fee charts as needed by the client.
- Prepare daily coding logs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in coding including both ICD-10 and CPT while maintaining a 95% accuracy.
- Follow and adhere to AHIMA’s Standards of Ethical Coding, all applicable regulations and guidelines, and all client-specific policies.
- Maintain productivity based on national standards and/or client-specific standards
- Work as a team player in a dynamic environment
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Office, Word, Sharepoint, etc…)
- Other duties as assigned based on company needs and client projects.
- RHIT, CCS, or CCS-P – active and in good standing with AHIMA or
- CPC – active and in good standing with AAPC
- Minimum of 5 years of physician Rejection/Denials Remediation experience
“YES encourages a team-oriented culture and really exemplifies keeping everyone in touch throughout the day so we don’t get lost in our remote positions. They help you feel like a person instead of just a number.”
Lizzi – RHIT, CPC