Your Quick Guide to HCC Risk Adjustment Models
There are two different Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) models used to calculate risk adjustments: the CMS-HCC model and the HHS-HCC model. Does your facility know how and when to use them? Our detailed quick guide to HCC risk adjustment models infographic explains the differences and usages for each HCC model.
HCC coding and risk adjustment models are two of YES HIM Consulting’s specialties. If your organization needs assistance with HCC coding or consulting on how to further use the CMS HCC or HHS HCC model 2020, contact our team of qualified coding and auditing specialists today. Stay tuned for our additional quick guide to M.E.A.T. Criteria in HCC coding and Chronic Conditions.
Review these additional YES HIM Consulting resources on HCCs, M.E.A.T. Criteria, and more:
- Webinar Recap for HCCs Background and A Deeper Dive into M.E.A.T. Criteria
- Everything You Need to Know About the HCC Risk Adjustment Models
- Implement These Best Practices to Improve HCC Coding
- The Importance of Specificity in Documentation and Coding HCCs
- HCC Chronic Conditions and M.E.A.T. Criteria
- HCC Medicare Advantage Background and Overview
- The HCC Coding Specialist: Benefiting Payers, Providers, and Patients