Audit outpatient records to determine appropriate designation of diagnosis and procedure codes while maintaining compliance with coding guidelines and client guidelines.
- Perform validation audits by analyzing, evaluating, and reviewing client medical records to ensure accuracy of code assignment.
- Complete worksheets, spreadsheets, and/or database entries based on audit findings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in coding, including ICD-10-CM and CPT while maintaining a 95% accuracy.
- Follow and adhere to AHIMA’s Standards of Ethical Coding, all applicable regulations and guidelines, and all client-specific policies.
- Maintain productivity based on national standards and/or client-specific standards.
- Conduct One-on-One Mentoring reviews and calls with coders.
- Other duties as assigned based on company needs and client projects.
- Knowledge and 5 to 7 years of experience in Outpatient coding required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Outpatient auditing preferred
- RHIA/RHIT/CCS/CPC credential(s) preferred (at least one HIM/Coding credential required) – active and in good standing with AHIMA
“YES fosters a collaborative work environment through cross-training. Our team is successful because everyone is ready and willing to help each other out whenever the need arises.”
Sarah – RHIA, CCS-P