Professional Fee Coder/Auditor
The Professional Fee Coder/Auditor will audit/code professional fee records to determine appropriate designation of diagnosis and procedure codes while maintaining compliance with coding guidelines and client guidelines.
- Analyze, evaluate, and review client medical records to ensure accuracy of code assignment.
- Code professional fee charts, audit professional fee charts, and/or train other coders on how to code professional fee charts as needed by the client.
- Deliver expertise in all specialties of professional fee and be able to code, audit, or train accordingly.
- Prepare daily coding logs, as requested by client.
- Demonstrates proficiency in coding including both ICD-10 and CPT while maintaining a 95% accuracy or above.
- Follow and adhere to AHIMA’s Standards of Ethical Coding, all applicable regulations and guidelines, and all client specific policies.
- Maintain productivity based on national standards and/or client specific standards.
- Work as a team player in a dynamic environment.
- Other duties as assigned based on company needs and client projects.
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CCS-P – active and in good standing with AHIMA or
- CPC – active and in good standing with AAPC
- Minimum of 5 years of physician-based (ProFee) coding and auditing experience
“YES fosters a collaborative work environment through cross-training. Our team is successful because everyone is ready and willing to help each other out whenever the need arises.”
Sarah – RHIA, CCS-P